Sunday, September 18, 2011

MIND BLOWN

This morning God just revealed to me what the Bible is, and I know what it is obviously, but there is a mighty difference between understanding something intellectual and cognitively or understanding with  your heart, soul and spirit. I understood it in the depths of my soul! I was explaining how God lives within us but His word, the Bible is how He speaks and I was like… WOW. I get it. I have had this long battle of wanting to love the Bible and what it says, but I have felt so distant like I almost can’t apply it to me. Why should I care what was written 2,000 years ago to a town in Greece? But, it really is straight from God! John 1:1-2,14 “In the beginning was the word, and the Word was with God and the word was God. He was with God in the beginning.” “The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us…” 2 Timothy 3:16 “All scripture is God –breathed…” The Word (Bible) is of God, is God, is Jesus; it’s all intertwined. The Bible isn’t the extent of God, He is way bigger than the Bible, but He wrote it, He breathed it! I kept calling out to the Lord since I’ve been here saying, “I want to hear Him, show me who You are, I want to know You and Your will for me!... etc, etc;  just waiting for Him to say it or place it in my head or however it works.  But then, I opened up my Bible in Ephesians class and the word of God became SO REAL, SO INSPIRED and just wow. This one verse in Ephesians literally changed the way I saw myself in the Lord.  
“Praise be to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with EVERY SPITITUAL BLESSING in Christ. For He chose us IN HIM before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love, he predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance to His will.”
So here’s the thing, you have been given EVERY SPIITUAL BLESSING FROM GOD! God has poured out blessing upon blessing on you because He loves you, only reason. Not because you deserve it or are worthy of it, because you're not and there's no way you ever could be. Here’s another thing, you were chosen by God, if you ever thought you were a mistake, you aren’t, you were not only chosen, but YOUR LIFE, YOURS was planned before the creation of the world, before Genesis 1:1, before light was made you were chosen. God doesn’t use parameters like time or space or eternity but Himself, IN HIM you were chosen. WOW! I hope your brain feels like exploding ‘cause I’m still overwhelmed by this.

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you sis! This is good preparation. I preached on this passage Sunday. We come from good stock, we have an awesome heritage. The Father predestined us to walk in him; the Son made that possible; and the Spirit makes it a reality until we get to that great reunion in the sky. The Triune God will be there; our past relatives; and future descendants, products of our faith. I like how Paul shows us we can have heaven on earth. The Lord is good.

    ReplyDelete