Thursday, September 8, 2011

Meanwhile at KBC…

Classes started Monday!!! My schedule looks like this:
Monday:
1 Corinthians with Curtis - 9:30-11:45 (I am the TA and get to grade a bunch of papers, I should be fully informed on 1 Corintheans after this class, along with reading so many different views onit from all these papers! )
Dinner duty – 3:30-5:30 (I’m actually pretty stoked to be able to cook while I’m here, and mom I already told Heather, our cook, and already one of my closest friends here, that I will at one point be making your amazing enchiladas)

Tuesday:
Lunch Duty -10:30-12:30
Hermeneutics with the KBC President Steve Thompson -1:30-3:30 (Hermeneutics is a Bible interpretation class that is really going to teach me how to lead Bible studies and better interpret scripture)

Wednesday:
Ephesians with Zane – 9:30-11:30
Worship Class with Alex -1:30-4:30
Wed Night Church – 7:00-9:00 (We lead and do everything Wednesday nights for church, last night was the first time, I learned 6 new songs and the harmonies and sang them in front of people a few hours later, SCARY! But God is faithfull and it turned out so good!)

Thursday:
Gospel of John with Chris the Director of the school – 1:30-3:30
Discipleship 101 with Pastor Bob – 6:00-9:00 (In a house, with couches, and hot showers and food made in a real kitchen, score! This is actually one of the classes I am most looking forward to)

Friday:
Women’s Emphasis with Bethany -9:30-11:30
Bathroom cleaning – 4:00-5:00 (This happens to be my personal favorite… NOT! We don’t even have actual bathrooms here, only porta potties)

Besides all of these classes and chores, which is also a class for school credit, called M199, we have a scheduled devotion time every morning from 7-8 and have other ministries, homework, and work around the property to do.

There are a few things I wasn’t expecting when I got her that I am still getting used to.
1.       The lack of toilet (Porta potties only on the campus)
2.       The lack of hot water (yes, that means cold showers)
3.       The lack of electricity (We have headlamps at night to be able to see)
4.       Ants, lots and lots of ants (they eat through unopened packages)
5.       Toads, lots and lots of toads (they’re EVERYWHERE, I accidentally kick one at least once a day, there eas one in the porta pottie at night! and it scared me so bad.)
6.       Waking up to a beautiful blue and pink sunrise every morning (I need no alarm clock, the sun wakes me up)
7.       Quick friendships, awesome roommates and teachers my own age (my roomates are the best! It seems like the three of us wouldn't get along but we are just three peas in a pod)
8.       Pure hilarity every meal (everyone here is hilarious!!! It's hard to eat, we're always laughing so hard)
9.       The beauty of Kaua’i (You cannot capture the beauty of this place in a picture of video, it’s impossible, I feel like the sky is so much bigger here, more majestic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment