Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kaua'i Weather


This last week has been rainy and stormy, there's been floods everywhere, bridges out of commission, lakes where fields used to be, hail, wind and very wet tents. Camp keeps getting evacuated, but thankfully we have so many wonderful families in the church that take us in. We have a "program" between the church and the school in which students are hana'i-ed (adopted) by the families in the church. It's so much fun, staying over in a real house, with real showers and real internet! It's great to get to know people here, I have so much Ohana here at Calvary Chapel Kaua'i and I'm so thankful for them while I am so far away from my own family.
Kaua'i Flood sights and some soaking wet students!

Students took advantage of the rain, skim boarding in puddles, having dinner by (rarely used) firelight and swimming! 
Besides all the flooding, everything is going great, I am making incredible friends here and the Lord is teaching me so much! There are many opportunities coming up for me to GROW! I have discovered last semester was a realization of my identity in Christ and this semester is my response to that. Now that I know who I am, what does that mean to me? What can I do to prove I know it!? That part is hard, the response to God and His commands, but so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment